Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Hmmph.

Just got the third - yes, that's third - lot of revisions back for the novel I finished last year. I have never had to revise more than twice before, not even on my very novel first novel ever, and even then the second lot was very minor.

This is a non m/m novel under my other name, and I know it's the best thing I've ever written. Frankly at this point (after two extensive rounds of re-writing and cutting nearly 10,000 words) I don't feel like I can improve it anymore. My editor says that the book is wonderful, phenomenal, brilliant - and yet she doesn't seem to actually get the story at all.

This is my first time working with this new editor, and it may just be down to us adjusting to each other but...Jeez. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. Or at least a person who doesn't understand subtext, conflicted/complex characters or any society other than the modern western world.

Sigh. Well, things might be a little quiet around this blog for a while, because I'm going into Revision Mode. Maybe when I come back I might have some actual readers/followers...

No comments:

Post a Comment