Pages

Thursday 15 April 2010

Cover Squee! And Ipad Competition...

Look! Look! I got the final version of the cover for And is Never Shaken! And it's beee-ooo-tiful!

I loved the black and white version and kind of worried about how it would look 'painted' but this is such high quality work, I'm completely on Team Colour now. I'm just really crossing my fingers that my book can live up to this!

In other news (while I try to stop squeeing) DSP are running a competition which makes me drool, so I thought I'd share. If you, like me, are a techie-geek and adore gadgets and gismos, you might have been looking wistfully at your Sony E-Reader, Kindle or BeBook and thinking, 'Yeah, but it's not an iPad'. So a chance to get your hands on one for free should make both us happy. Here's the press release thingy (because I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet and I'm not feeling creative enough to re-write it):

To celebrate the release of Dreamspinner’s eBooks being added to the iBookstore this summer, Dreamspinner Press is giving away an iPad in a random drawing. Every $10 you spend at Dreamspinner’s web site between April 15 and May 15 automatically enters your name in the drawing. The more you spend, the more times you’ll be entered. A winner will be drawn at random and announced on May 24.
 
Good stuff, right? Definitely worth a try.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex
    I had no idea about this competition, and I thought I was up on all things Dreamspinner. Shows you how much I know! Now I'll have to buy books (very sneaky of them) in addition to getting free copies of their latest releases to review.

    PS The cover is great - can't wait for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, basically one of the DSP editors put a message on the writer's forum and said 'Pimp this'. Maybe the other DSP writers haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm going to have to be so careful not to get carried away and buy too many books because of this though; it's not like I don't buy too many books normally, let alone when there are shiny shiny gadgets on offer.

    I love the cover too, thank you. But now I'm really nervous about the book, and I don't even know the pub. date yet!

    ReplyDelete