Pages

Sunday 2 May 2010

And Is Never Shaken Playlist

With And Is Never Shaken coming out from Dreamspinner on Wednesday, I thought I'd post my playlist for it. The novella was heavily influenced by music - I had a dream about being reincarnated, during which I heard the classical piece Gnossienne no. 1. and that was the original inspiration for writing Cassian and Andy's story. Not only that, but music is very important to the characters and in the development of the plot.

This playlist is made up of both the songs I was listening to while writing it and the music that features in the story.

1) Cry by Rihanna
2) My Hands by Leona Lewis
3) Meditation from 'Thais' Performed by Joshua Bell
4) Midnight on the Water Performed by Waterson: Carthy
5) The Lark Ascending by Vaughn Williams
6) Gnossienne No. 1 Performed by Johannes Cernota
7) Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye
8) The Heart Asks Pleasure First/The Promise by Michael Nyman
9) Rhapsody on a theme by Paganini Performed by Daniel Petrov and the Russian State Orchestra
10) Awake by Secondhand Serenade
11) This Moment by Melissa Etheridge
12) Run by Snow Patrol
13) Lost by Anouk

I put this list of songs on repeat and shuffle and listened to them constantly, even while out of the house on my iPod. Listening to them might give readers a special insight into the story - or not. I guess it'll depend on how people feel about random mish-mashes of classical, pop, Indie, Motown and R&B!

3 comments:

  1. Kind of a wierd playlist - but interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the upcoming release! I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Luisa. I can't wait to read the next Half Lives book, so we're even.

    ReplyDelete